Pets are character modifiers that last between 11 and 16 years and can be inherited if a character dies before the pet. Both pet modifiers unlock a to pet them and have a hidden 33% chance to save the character when a Murder Scheme is executed against him or her. There are two pet modifiers:
Both pet modifiers can be obtained in two ways. One day after getting the modifier the character will be given the option to input a name for the pet.
- At any point the character may be given a pet from a consort, friend, lover or vassal and gain the option to keep it or sell it for a minor random amount of .
- During childhood the character might encounter a pet and have the option to keep it and gain the modifier. Alternatively if the character has the Sadistic trait it can kill the pet to gain +1 .
While the character has a pet modifier the following events can take place:
- A vassal plays with the pet and gains +20
- The pet brings 2
- The pet gives a temporary
- The pet ruins a vassal's possessions, bringing the following options:
- Pay the vassal and lose a moderate random amount of
- Lose -20 with the vassal
- If there is a scheme targeting the character there is a very small chance for the pet to expose it.
- If the character has both pet modifiers it might gain an event that grants -20 Stress
- If the character has both pet modifiers the two pets might fight. Within two weeks one on the following will happen:
- 30% chance the dog dies
- 45% chance the cat dies
- 15% chance both die
- 10% chance they get along and the character gains -10 Stress